Sunday, January 26, 2014

Let's Hate Ninja Turtles (and Michael Bay)





   I remember enjoying the 80's/90's cartoon "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" as a kid. It was mindless fun and although it wasn't nearly as good as Inspector Gadget, I still watched it. That is, until I saw the first feature film featuring the same name. Seeing a skateboarding man in a hideous bipedal turtle suit was the first time I ever thought in my little head "what the fuck is this shit". It doesn't work. Giant mutant bro turtles that fight with "ninja" weapons and hit on human females is just creepy. So of course Michael Bay's production company, along with Nickelodeon are making a live action reboot starring Megan Fox in a role that I can only assume is some sort of amphibious sex interest. If that wasn't enough rumors have already surfaced that the turtles are aliens. So there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment